Compost Awareness Week
International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) is the largest and most comprehensive education initiative of the compost industry. It’s celebrated each year in the first full week of May. Join us for a week full of activities, education awareness and events promoting the benefits of composting and the environmental importance of diverting organic waste from our landfills.
- Schedule an MMSB Learn to Compost workshop or webinar for your community group.
- Find a Backyard Compost Bin.
- Learn more about Compost Awareness Week Activities at MUN Botanical Garden.
This Compost Awareness Week, we are celebrating Food and composting, which have always been part of our rich culture of sustainability in this province. Each day this week, beginning Monday, May 8th, we will be highlighting one of six restaurants from across the province who have on-site composting programs.
You could win a compost bin and $100 gift card!
There are six $100 gift cards and six compost bins waiting to be awarded to randomly selected participants who can answer one question – What item does each restaurant compost the most? Tune into Facebook to enter and find out which restaurants are featured.
Complete Rules and Regulations:
These are the official rules and regulation (“Official Rules”) for the contest known as the 2017 Compost Week Facebook Promotion (the “Promotion”) sponsored by the Multi-Materials Stewardship Board (the “Sponsor”). By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules. The details of the prizes to be won, the start and end dates and times, and any other information relevant to entering, participating or winning are identified below. No purchase is necessary to enter.
Subject to these Official Rules, the Promotion is open to all residents of Newfoundland and Labrador (“NL”) who have reached the age of majority in NL and who hold a valid Facebook account at the time of entry (“Entrants”).
This Promotion is not open to employees or contractors of the Sponsor, participating restaurants, affiliated companies, representatives or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies or members of any such employee’s immediate family (mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). If you are not an Entrant, or are otherwise in breach of these Official Rules, you will not be entitled to a Prize even if your name is drawn. In the event it is determined that an Entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the Entrant will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION:
On each of May 8th through May 12th, at 9:30 a.m. (NDT), a post will be added to the Sponsor’s Facebook page (the “Promotion Post”). To enter the Promotion, post a response answering the question contained in the Promotion Post in the comment section. Comments on each Promotion Post will close 24 hours from the time of each Promotion Post (the “Close Date”). In order to qualify, an Entrant must correctly post the answer to the question in the Promotion Post in the comments section of that post prior to the Close Date. If there are no correct answers posted, all answers posted prior to the Close Date will qualify (a “Qualifying Entry”).
There are a total of five (5) prizes available to be won, with one (1) winner selected on each Draw Date set out in the schedule below. Each Prize consists of one (1) $100.00 (CDN) restaurant gift certificate for the restaurant specified in the Promotion Post and one (1) compost bin (the “Prizes”). Each Entrant has a limit of one (1) Prize.
|Post Date||Draw Date||Prize||ARV|
|May 8, 2017 9:30 a.m.||May 9, 2017 12:00 p.m.||Georgie’s Restaurant Gift Card
|May 9, 2017 9:30 a.m.||May 10, 2017 12:00 p.m.||The Pantry Cafe and Catering Gift Card
|May 10, 2017 9:30 a.m.||May 11, 2017 12:00 p.m.||Fishers’ Loft Gift Card
|May 11, 2017 9:30 a.m.||May 12, 2017 12:00 p.m.||Bonavista Social Club Gift Card
|May 12, 2017 9:30 a.m.||May 13, 2017 12:00 p.m.||Black Spruce Restaurant Gift Card
|May 12, 2017 9:30 a.m.||May 13, 2017 12:00 p.m.||Mallard Cottage Gift Card
A random draw of Qualifying Entries for each Prize will be made on the Draw Dates listed in the Schedule in Section 4. Each draw will determine the selected winner of each Prize. The odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of Entrants and the total number of Qualifying Entries.
- AWARDING OF THE PRIZES:
Each selected winner will be contacted via Facebook Messenger within two (2) business days of the applicable Draw Date to notify of award. The sponsor will coordinate delivery of the compost bin to the Green Depot nearest the selected winner for pick up by the selected winner. The gifts cards will be available for pick up by the selected winner at each of the participating restaurants. If selected winners do not respond by Facebook Messenger within three (3) business days of initial contact, the Prize shall be forfeited and Sponsor has the right, at its sole discretion, to select another winner. If the compost bin has not been picked up from the Green Depot within 30 days of notice of delivery to the Green Depot, the compost bin shall be forfeited and Sponsor has the right, at its sole discretion, to select another winner. If the gift card is not picked up by the selected winner by September 30th, 2017, the gift card shall be forfeited and Sponsor has the right, at its sole discretion, to select another winner.
- Entrant agrees that the decisions of the Sponsor are final with respect to all aspects of the Promotion.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with a selected winner. By entering the Promotion, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice, photograph and/or likeness without further remuneration, in any and all media in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with this Promotion.
- The Promotion is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations.
- Each Gift Certificate has no cash surrender value and no expiry date. Any unused portion of a Gift Certificate will remain on the Gift Certificate until the total value of the Gift Certificate is used (for example: if a Gift Certificate is valued at $100 (CDN) and $75 (CDN) is used for the first purchase, $25 (CDN) will remain on the card and so forth until the total value of the Gift Certificate is used). Gift Certificates can only be redeemed at the issuing restaurant location (as listed above).
- Prizes shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged or refunded for an amount of money, sold or transferred. No substitutions will be allowed.
- If the Prize cannot be awarded as described in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize, or part of a Prize, with another of comparable value, as determined in its sole discretion.
- Refusal by the winner to accept the Prize releases the Sponsor from any obligation toward the winner.
- If an Entrant makes any false statement, (s)he will be automatically disqualified from the Promotion.
- The Sponsor and the independent contest organization accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Promotion or acceptance of the Prize. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. The Sponsor and the independent contest organization do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Promotion or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random draw from all previously received Qualifying Entries.